Welcome To

Youngtown

Area Highlights

A quick view of the most influential metrics in Youngtown.

$0
0
0/0
0

Learn more about Youngtown

Youngtown is a town of just over 6,000 residents located in the heart of the Northwest Valley. The town borders El Mirage on the west and Sun City, a large retirement community, on the east. Youngtown is about 1.3 square miles, all land, and is located near the Agua Fria River’s east bank on its west side. It’s also home to Maricopa Lake, a small yet scenic waterfront near the river. Historically, Youngtown is the oldest retirement community in the U.S. In 1954, developers purchased 320 acres of the land and, with designer Ben Schleifer’s help, built the nation’s first community dedicated solely to retirees. Youngtown opened its doors to people of all ages in 1999 when it repealed its age restrictions. Originally farmland, the town now takes pride in providing seniors and others with a high quality of life. Its motto is, “First in Concept – Fostering Community Pride – Building Quality of Life.” Youngtown offers a wide variety of clubs and activities, including an AARP chapter, oil and watercolor painting, singing clubs, book club, humor club, and an art commission. There are also many parks, including a cactus garden and a dog park. Additionally, the town hosts fun seasonal events during holiday times. The majority of Youngtown’s residents are lower middle class, with a median family income of $29,329. More than half of those living here are above the age of 50, with the median age being 65. Youngtown’s homes are 50% individuals living alone – 13% of those living alone are over the age of 65. 35% of homes belong to married couples, and 7% of households have children under the age of 18 living with them. Most residents are white at 89%, with minorities making up the remaining 11%. According to www.neighborhoodscouts.com, the average home price in Youngtown is approximately $150,000, with rental fees averaging at about $500/month. Many are located in Agua Fria Ranch, a popular community within Youngtown located near Agua Fria River. The town is primarily made up of small- to medium-sized single family homes, typically one-story ranches, with units both for rent and for purchase. There are also multi-lot land plots for purchase starting at $300,000. Call Calamia & Company at 623.810.9090 for assistance in finding the home of your dreams in the cozy town of Youngtown, Arizona.

Properties in Youngtown

View our selection of available properties in the Youngtown.

      Inside Youngtown

      Check out the latest demographic information available for Youngtown.

      Overall Cost
      VS National AVG
      Housing Cost
      VS National AVG
      Entertainment Cost
      VS National AVG
      Utilities Cost
      VS NAtional AVG
      Crime Rate
      VS National AVG
      QUICK FACTS


      0

      0

      0

      0

      0

      0

      Youngtown Schools

      Learn more about schools near Youngtown complete with ratings and contact information.

      0
      0
      0
      0
      schools
      phone
      type
      grades
      rating
      602-953-2933
      Public
      KG-6
      602-953-2933
      Public
      KG-6

      The Best in Youngtown

      Browse through the top rated businesses in the most popular categories Youngtown has to offer.

      Dine
      Drink
      Shop
      Perk
      Sweat
      Groom
      Wag

      Pin It on Pinterest